Friday, January 18, 2013

Yogis uniting for workers rights, Hyatt


I expected more yogis couldn't even find any at first.  Joined the picket line for a minute. I want to start joining picket lines more often, very much a high! So much energy from the people. I asked do I need a sign to walk with you, and they're like no no here here, making room for us. I think I should wash my yoga mat that the homeless man used though -- he was kind of cute, he kept yelling out "I'm So Relaxed!" -- but there is some mysterious black stuff on the edges now.

I didn't know who Seane Corn was before but think she must be SO famous now.

Also thinking how interesting it is, how easy for some (those with money) to sell out to corporations, because they want the money. How to not sell out and stick to your values should be a component to all yoga teacher trainings, as is a little critical thinking maybe. Too much unthinking jockiness in the yoga world, trying to sell bliss because it is a selling point but not really teaching people the intellectual side of things, how can we have "union" -- yoga when the yoga being sold is so lopsided?


No comments: