Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Goodreads Reviews 2012

Half sex, half Buddhism, the way everything should be. Finally starting to read my 2011 ugly duckling presse subscription books. Writing deep in a surface way. I had the orange hardcover library edition. Cathars vs the Catholics. Collage of underlined lines. The book I want to be reading whenever I'm reading another book. I like how he seems to have this one thesis, and all his books, whether poetry, prose or a hybrid of the two, are really all about this one thing. I wrote some *really cool* stuff about this book in my spiral notebook, which I can't find. Thinking deeply about Devo. Great right after waking from a nap and not putting your glasses on. The way that the actual subject matter of the book very slowly dawned on me was really cool. I also liked the Muslim interpretation of "Silent Night, Deadly Night." I'm so depressed. I was confused and thought this was a zine listing Robert Duncan as author instead of editor, but then I realized it is an essay by him that begins with two poems as epigraphs to his essay. Entertaining. I totally don't remember taking this from your house, but I guess I did. I found it in my bag. "Everybody reads the first paragraph of The Wealth of Nations where he talks about how wonderful the division of labor is. But not many people get to the point hundred of pages later, where he says that division of labor will destroy human beings and turn them into creatures as stupid and ignorant as it is possible for a human being to be." Want to read the whole thing just two at a time like this. That the question that despair asks has no answer. 

No comments: