Sunday, May 11, 2014

"Go deep or go home." #Asta

Surface yoga practices. Sometimes you've got to be surface though before you can get to the deep places, you have to practice on the surface. Had so many morning pains in my body this morning, I could barely lean over, hips hurt, lower back hurt, until around the middle of the practice I finally started getting a flow and could actually go a little deeper. But also a nice metaphor for living a surface material life, and how that *may* attract certain types of people to yoga, but that is not what it is about, but maybe for some it could be a bridge toward deeper living. Do the surface stuff first if you have to, but don't stay there. (And don't go home.) (Or maybe go home and meditate.)

Also, tangentially related, I came home instead of eating out, and made a sandwich and sat meditation for a bit. The whole time while I was meditating I could hear this guy out on the sidewalk yelling; he had this contraption he had made that was falling apart and he couldn't figure out what to do, its base was a wheelchair and he had all this stuff piled on top of it, which kept falling off. As I was meditating I could hear him yelling out occasionally, and thought about all the silly stuff I get frustrated about in life, and how (maybe) if you are meditating more you will be happier and more peaceful, even though it doesn't really seem like just sitting will make you peaceful, it does happen. Also thinking about this common thought I've had for years, that might be much more complicated than I'm making it, like hello mental illness, but that with all the time they have, homeless people could use it to meditate, what would happen if they meditated 12 hours a day, and all the shit going on around them would become less foreground, and move to the background... And that if I'm thinking that about homeless people, what about my life is so easy if I just do it? Less Facebook more meditation, more writing. Use time better. Or go home.

No comments: